Have you ever tasted the Keto spring rolls? If yes, then you know how tasty they are. Here, I have added a twist to the recipe by using cabbage leaves instead of the rice wraps to make it low-carb. It is a gluten-free recipe and perfectly suitable for the ones who follow a grain-free, egg-free, and nut-free diet. Do you have lactose intolerance? No problem! This recipe doesn’t use any daily products.
Recipe Of Keto Spring Rolls
Preparation time – 30 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Serving – 4
Ingredients For Keto Spring Rolls
For Making The Wrap
- Water – 3 quarts
- Grey sea salt – 1 tbsp
- Cabbage – 1 head (you can use either green or purple)
- Chives – a handful, for garnishing (you can also use cilantro stems)
To Prepare The Filling
- Green onions – ¼ cup, finely chopped
- Parsley – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
- MCT oil – 2 tbsp
- Lime juice – 2 tsp
- Ginger – ½ tsp, grated
- Lime zest – ¼ tsp, grated
- Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp, fresh
- Pork or chicken or turkey – ½ pound, minced
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
To Prepare Dipping Sauce
- Bone broth – ¼ cup (either chicken or beef bone broth is excellent)
- Lime juice – 2tbsp
- Coconut oil – 3 tbsp
- Stevia – 1 drop, use the alcohol-free variety
- Almond butter – 1 tbsp
- Coconut aminos – 1 tbsp
- Fish sauce – 1 tsp
- Fresh ginger – 1 tsp, grated
- Garlic – ½ clove, minced
- Beef gelatin – 20 gm
How To Make Keto Spring Rolls
- Take a pot and fill it with water and put it on the oven. Add some salt and let the water boil. In the meantime, take another bowl, pour some cold water, and add 24 ice cubes to it.
- Take the cabbage and take out eight outer leaves. Keep the remaining cabbage aside to make the filling.
- Add the cabbage leaves in boiling water. Blanch them for a minute and transfer to the ice-cold water for a minute. After that, take out the leaves and keep on a kitchen towel.
- Take a large bowl and add the chopped green onions and chopped parsley, lime juice, MCT oil, lime zest, sliced ginger, and minced garlic. Give them a mix and season with black pepper powder.
- Chop the leftover cabbage and add them to this mixture. Keep the bowl aside, and in the meantime, you cook the pork.
- Put a pan on the heat and add the coconut oil. Once the oil becomes hot, add the minced pork or chicken whatever you are using. Cook them thoroughly and mix with the cabbage mixture in the bowl.
- Place one cabbage leaf on the kitchen top and fill it with a mixture of pork and cabbage. Fold it properly so that no filling can come out. Tie the leaf with chives or cilantro stem.
- Following the same way, make rolls out of other leaves.
- Put a saucepan on the heat and add the bone broth followed by lime juice, coconut oil, almond butter, Stevia, coconut aminos, fish sauce, grated ginger, and minced garlic. Give them a quick mix and add the beef gelatin. Stir once and serve with the cabbage rolls warm.